At approximately 9:45 Saturday morning, September 1st, the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 call reporting an electrocution in the Abita Springs area.
Multiple deputies arrived at 20201 Lowe Davis Rd. and found a 67 year old male, who was an electrician, at the residence who had been injured while working on the electric system at the home. The electrician also lived in the Abita Springs area.
Personnel from Acadian Ambulance Service and Fire District #12 also responded. CPR was administered and Acadian transported the victim to St. Tammany Parish Hospital where he later died from his injuries. St. Tammany Parish Coroner Peter Galvan is expected to provide the identity of the victim as well the cause of death.